CASMS Member Dr. Wang Nominated for ASMS Treasurer
We like to share an exciting news that Dr. Yinsheng Wang, a well-recognized mass spectrometrist and a highly active member of our society has been nominated as a candidate for the 2018 to 2020 Treasurer in the ASMS Board of Directors. We congratulate Yinsheng on this well-deserved recognition for his outstanding service and leadership in the MS community.
Dr. Yinsheng Wang is a Professor and Donald T. Sawyer Endowed Founder’s Chair in Chemistry at the University of California Riverside. Research interests in Dr. Wang’s group focus on the biological applications of mass spectrometry. His research group employs mass spectrometry, together with chemistry, molecular biology, and genetics, for investigating the occurrence, repair and biological consequences of DNA damage, which resulted in publishing over 230 peer-reviewed research articles. He was the inaugural recipient for the ACS Chemical Research in Toxicology Young Investigator Award in 2012, and the recipient for the 2013 Biemann Medal and the 2018 EAS Award for Outstanding Achievements in Mass Spectrometry. He was also named a fellow for the American Association for the Advancement of Sciences in 2012.
Dr. Wang has been actively involved in the scientific communities. He has organized and chaired sessions at several ASMS annual conferences, and he has participated as an ad hoc reviewer for the NIH instrumentation grant review committee on multiple occasions. In addition, he was a standing member for the NIH Cancer Etiology Study Section in 2011-2015, and has been a member for the NIH Environmental Health Sciences study section since 2016. Dr. Wang has also served as the treasurer for the ACS Division of Chemical Toxicology in 2015-2016, and currently on the Editorial Board of multiple journals including Chemical Research in Toxicology, Scientific Reports and Toxicological Research.
As a long-time dedicated member of the Chinese American Society for Mass Spectrometry (CASMS), Dr. Wang served in the Executive Committee and as the Chair for the Committee on Professional Development for CASMS in 2014-2016. He organized and hosted the 2015 CASMS Career Development Workshop and the 2017 ASMS Workshop on Career and Collaboration Opportunities in China.
We strongly encourage all of our ASMS members to vote due on December 18, 2017. For more info regarding the Board of Directors Election of ASMS, please go to http://www.asms.org/about/asms-leadership/board-of-directors-election. Just look for an email sent to you by ASMS titled “ASMS Board of Directors Election 2018”, and follow the link.
(Compiled by Jun Qun and Zezong Gu)
- [announcement]Job Open: PhD Scientist in Boston
- [announcement]CASMS Events -- Registration Page
- [announcement]Faculty job opening at Hong Kong Baptist University
- [announcement]2016 CASMS Annual Meeting and Dinner Announcement
- [announcement]第6届世界华人质谱研讨会 Scientific Program
- [announcement]MS-related Job Opening from the CASMS Sponsors
- [announcement]MS-related Job Openings in the Academic Sector
- [announcement]Career Development Workshop at ASMS 2015
- [announcement]2015 CASMS Annual Meeting and Dinner
- [announcement]Principle Investigator at CAS-Dalian (DICP-DNL2003)
- [announcement]Amended CASMS Bylaws (Aug 28, 2013)
- [announcement]Find MS-related job opportunities at CASMS
- [announcement]2014 CASMS Annual Meeting
- [news]Identification of Novel Post-translational Modifications to Decode Tumorigenesis and Metabolic Diseases
- [announcement]第九届“春晖杯” 中国留学人员创新创业大赛
- [announcement]2013 CASMS Annual Meeting & Dinner at Minneapolis
- [news]Job Opening
- [announcement]2012 Career Development Workshop
- [announcement]CASMS 2012 Annual Meeting, Dinner & Social
- [announcement]The 4th World Chinese Mass Spectrometry Conference (WCMSC) - Call for Abstract Submission
- [announcement]2011 CASMS Website Survey
- [announcement]Donate for Fanjun Meng and Chunyang Zhang
- [announcement]FW: (中文版)致密苏里大学全体学生学者、哥伦比亚全体华人同胞的一封信
- [announcement]2011 Annual & Dinner
- [announcement]The 2011 CASMS Professional Development Workshop
- [news]The 3rd International Chinese Symposium on Mass Spectrometry (ICSMS) Held in late July, 2010 at Changchun of North China
- [announcement]CASMS Workshop “Interview Skills and Career Development”
- [announcement]CASMS 2010 Annual Meeting & Tuesday Night Dinner
- [announcement]The 2009 CASMS Professional Development Workshop
- [announcement]The 2009 CASMS Annual General Meeting
- [announcement]The Second Global Chinese Mass Spectrometry Conference
- [announcement]The First Global Chinese Mass Spectrometry Conference
- [announcement]The First Sino-US Chinese Symposium on Mass Spectrometry